1. Go to https://accounts.google.com/ and log in to your Google account. If you don't already have an account, create a new one.
2. Next, go to Google Analytics https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/provision/#/provision and click 'Set up for free'
3. Fill out your account details
4. Select 'Web' to measure
5. Enter your website name
6. Select 'https://' and enter your website's URL
7. Select your organization's Industry Category and Reporting Time Zone
8. Click 'Create'
9. Accept the Terms of Service
10. Copy the Global Site Tag
11. Email the tag to firstname.lastname@example.org to get it added to your website